Saturday, March 03, 2001

I DIDN'T EVEN ALWAYS LIKE YOU CHRISTOPHER LYDON

I didn't even always like you Christopher Lydon. I didn't always even agree with you, either Christopher Lydon.

Like that time when you said you didn't like the movie, O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU?. What was that about? That was one time when i didn't like you Christopher Lydon. Or those times when you had that grammarian guy on the show. You love him, it seems to me, unnaturally. But I dont go for his snooty ways and neat sayings that sum up grammatical rule with pith. So, Christopher Lydon, that was another time i didn't like you.

And those times, which were more often than not, when you a. cut callers off, b. cut guests off and c. reminded everyone just who's goddamned show this is and who's the smartest host around! And all the grand standing.
Yes, I admire it, yet still I don't like you for it, Christopher Lydon.

But alas, Christopher Lydon, I feel curiously about you. I don't really like all these things about you. But, I'm fairly devastated you're leaving.

I hate you, now hug me Christopher Lydon. Tell me you are not leaving my on again off again love affair with public radio. Don't tell me that a clean break is the only way to end ourco-dependence (the dependence being mostly on my part). Don't cut our public conversation that I know is really private, Christopher. Don't cut to that permanent station I.D. You ARE the smartest host around Christopher Lydon. I didn't even always like you, Christopher Lydon, but I'll miss you dearly, man.


Aaron L.

No comments: